Just like any beauty treatment, hair extensions come with a list of dos and donts to keep them looking their best.
1. Use a stylist-approved hairbrush, making sure to brush your hair from the scalp to the ends daily.
2. Separate your hair by hand.
3. Before going to bed, tie back hair loosely.
4. Before washing, brush and sort the hair properly.
5. Don't wash or brush hair upside down for the first month. The attachments are still new and the hair can be torn out.
6. Shampoo hair gently, being careful not to rub the hair against each other.
7. Don't rub hair to towel dry, squeeze excess water out.
8. Sort hair with your fingers, and gently remove any tangles, especially at scalp.
9. Always dry the bonding points immediately and thoroughly.
10. Don't apply flat iron or curling iron at bond points! Always start just below bond point.
11. Avoid getting into mall fights when you have extensions. Although perhaps I should go into a bit more detail with this one... A 15-year-old, Fort Walton Beach, girl was charged with battery and disorderly conduct after starting a fight with another girl. The victim and her mother were standing outside the mall when the suspect confronted them and started talking about a incident that happened earlier that day. The suspect then precedes to take off her shoes and says "Yeah, I want to fight," and struck the victim, according to the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office arrest report. She then grabbed the victim's hair and pulled out her hair extensions. Which were later found on the ground. The victim then drew a knife and stabbed the defendant, the report said. They did not say whether she was charged. Yikes, I guess the suspect picked the wrong hair to pull out.
For more information on the mall fight go to: http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/victim-17226-hair-fight.html