Healthy hair is a tricky thing to maintain. Especially in the hot summer months. But there are lots of things we can do to improve the look of our hair, many of which will also improve the condition of it as well.
1. Volume: To achieve volume you really just need a root lifting spray and a blow dryer. Adding volume to your hair makes it look fuller and healthier.
2. Growth: Biotin is a vitamin that can be found at more drug stores. It promotes hair and nail growth. You can also find shampoos with Biotin in them.
3. Cleaning: Look carefully for a shampoo that contains fewer sulfates. Sulfates strip hair of oils and color. More expensive shampoos tend to have higher quality ingredients, which are better for your hair in the long run.
4. Swimming care: Before you climb into a chlorine filled pool, wet your hair with fresh clean water. It will prevent your hair from absorbing the chlorinated water.
5. Avoid Hot oils: If your hair is colored hot oil treatments will strip color from your hair.
6. Deep Conditioning: Apply a leave in conditioner and then wrap a warm damp towel around your hair. The heat will open up your hair follicles to allow conditioner in.
7. Don't over wash: Natural oils are the best solution for your hair. Washing your hair strips these oils away. Try to wash your hair every other day so that the oils hair time to condition your hair.
8. Split Ends: The only way to get rid of split ends is to get your hair trimmed regularly. There are no products that will cure them for you.
9. Shine: Silicone is great to keep your hair shiny and smooth.
10. Color: Bring photos of the color you want into the salon when you go to have your hair done. This will help the stylist understand what you want.
For more information go to: http://www.examiner.com/x-12736-Tampa-Health-and-Beauty-Examiner~y2009m7d6-10-tips-for-great-hair