Information is power
- Q: This is my first time! Where do I start?
- A: Donna Bella has many helpful resources. If you are looking for a stylist to install your hair extensions, check out our Find A Stylist Page. If you want to learn about how to work with hair extensions, you can enroll in our Online Education Program. Also, you can check out our blog for more information.
- Q: How many strands of hair do I need for a full head installation?
- A: The average head of hair takes between 5 and 7 packs (100 - 140 strands) of Kera-Link or I-Link Extensions or 3 to 6 packs of Tape-In hair. However, depending on the length of the client's hair, as well as the thickness this can vary. Someone with a short bob for example may use as many as 10 packs whereas someone with shoulder length hair may only need 4.
- Q: What is Remy Hair?
- A: Remy hair is the highest grade of quality for real human hair. Before a head of hair is cut from a donor, it is braided or placed in a ponytail. After removal, this head of hair is kept bundled as it is processed and prepared for use as hair extensions. Because hair is cut so that all the cuticles are facing the same direction, remy hair resists tangling.
- Q: How many strands are in each package?
- A: Kera-Link and I-Link have 20 strands per pack. Tape-In includes 10 wefts per pack. Clip-Ins come with several pieces of varying sizes. (View the product page for more details.)
- Q: Do you sell other places besides your website?
- A: Yes. Donna Bella has a select few endorsed resellers of our products through internet retailers. If you are looking to purchase Donna Bella products from anywhere but our two approved sites (donnabellahair.com and donnabellahairextensions.com), and are unsure of the genuine nature of the product please call our customer service team and we can direct you to an approved reseller. Donna Bella cannot guarantee the quality of any product that does not come from an approved retailer.
- Q: What color should I choose?
- A: We have many colors to choose from in a wide variety of shades and levels. Remember, because the hair is 100% human you can also color the hair to a level of your choice. You can purchase a Color Ring to help make the decision.
- Q: What is the difference between I-Link and Kera-Link?
- A: Our I-Link method is also known as the beaded method. It involves tiny aluminum beads that are used to hold the hair in place. It also alleviates the use of heat and glue making the removal process much easier. Our Kera-Link method is widely referred to as the "Fusion" method. We have 100% keratin tips applied to the hair making it easy to hide and use.
- Q: Will the extensions damage my hair?
- A: No. If Installed correctly and taken care of properly, your hair will not be harmed. For more information about caring for your hair, please visit our hair care tips.
- Q: How do I care for my hair?
- A: For a complete list of hair care instructions, you can read this article about hair extension care. Be sure to always use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner. Try not to expose the bonds to chlorinated water or other harsh ingredients.
- Q: How long does it take to install hair extensions?
- A: This depends on the method, the amount of hair, and the stylist who is applying them. Clip-Ins are installed in only a few minutes. A full head of Tape-Ins can be installed in 30 minutes to 1 hour. A full head of I-Link is around 2 to 3 hours, and a full head of Kera-Link takes about 3 to 4 hours.
- Q: What can I do with my hair once the extensions are in?
- A: Basically anything you would do with your own hair. From curling to blow-drying, flat-ironing and styling. Just remember to always take extra good care of your hair.
- Q: Can I brush my hair with extensions in place?
- A: Yes! Donna Bella sells a very affordable hair extension brush. We recommend requiring each new customer to purchase one to ensure proper care and maintenance for the hair. When brushing, hold the hair at the roots and brush from the tips working up.
- Q: Can I color my hair extensions?
- A: Yes! If you must color your extensions, use only a semi- or demi- permanent hair color. Never lift color, only deposit it. Make sure to keep it within two shades of the hair's original color. And always do a strand test first, so you can ensure that the results will be what you want. Read more about how to color your hair extensions this article.
- Q: What makes Donna Bella the best?
- A: The single most important issue to ensuring the hair is top quality is the sourcing. For an in-depth look about our sourcing method please visit quality.
- Q: Where does the hair come from?
- A: All of Donna Bella's hair is 100% human hair, (although we do carry a line of synthetic extensions). Our hair is of the highest quality in the entire world. Women in India donate their hair to their temples of worship. The temples then sell the hair and use the money to fund orphanages. schools, and to feed the homeless. Every woman who donates her hair does so of her own free will and choice.
- Q: Do you sell other places besides your website?
- A: Yes. Donna Bella hair has a select few endorsed resellers of our products through internet retailers. If you are looking to purchase Donna Bella products from anywhere but our two approved sites (donnabellahair.com and donnabellahairextensions.com), and are unsure of the genuine nature of the product please call our customer service team and we can direct you to an approved reseller. Donna Bella cannot guarantee the quality of any product that does not come from an approved retailer.
- Q: How long will it take for me to get my order?
A: When we receive your order online or over the phone, we start working on it right away. We highly recommend that you order your products at least 4 to 5 days before your scheduled appointments. This give to allow time for the chosen carrier time to complete the pickup and delivery before you need it.
Exactly how fast your order arrives will depend on several factors, like which shipping method you choose, when you order, and where you live. For more details about shipping, visit our shipping page.
- Q: What if I want to return my hair?
- A: You can return your hair extensions within 30 days if they are unused and still in the original packaging or if the product is deemed to be defective by Donna Bella within 30 days of purchase. Restocking and shipping fees may apply. To begin the process of exchanging or returning a product, initiate a return request through www.donnabellahair.com/a/returns