Over the last couple of weeks, we’ve been talking a lot about spring updates—things like spring cleaning your old extensions and saving your change-loving hair from over-processing. But if you’re sitting there thinking, “I don’t have hair extensions,” and/or, “I don’t have time to color or process my hair,” then keep reading! We’ve got some easy, low-maintenance spring updates in mind for you.
1. Change your part. Possibly the fastest way to change your hairstyle (and overall look), updating your hair part can draw attention to a new and previously under-explored area of your face! Depending on how deep the part is, side parts tend to emphasize the eyes or cheekbones, whereas center parts highlight the symmetry of your face. Changing your part can also change the way your face shape reads by accentuating either the length (center part) or width (side part) of your features.
2. Switch your products. If you’ve been using the same hair care products for forever, now is the time to switch things up. Try a shampoo that’s specifically designed for your hair color—like John Frieda Brilliant Brunette for darker-haired ladies, or Aveda Camomile Shampoo for blondes—to bring out the tonality of your strands, or introduce a color-modifying shampoo like John Frieda Go Blonder or Joico Color Endure Violet to change the tone of your hair. There are also products that accentuate curls, tame frizz, straighten hair...you name it! Pick up a bottle of something new and take it for a spin.
3. Embrace natural. Sometimes the most flattering look is the one you woke up with—or, at least, some version of it. If you’re the kind of person who’s inclined to curl or smooth away your natural texture, step back for a moment and think about playing up your hair’s unique quirks. The easiest way to do this is to match your products with your hair texture (see above), and to implement some quick night-time routines. Wavy-haired ladies: sleep with braids for a more uniform texture. Curly-haired ladies: twist your hair around a headband for perfect morning ringlets. Straight-haired ladies: twist all of your hair into a single (loose) topknot, then cover it with a silk headwrap for sleek-bodied volume.
4. Toy with bangs. Bangs have the power to instantly transform your entire appearance, and Clip-In bangs let you do it without the long-term commitment. Pick up a set from our sister site and try them out for yourself! You can even choose between straight bangs and side bangs, or find your best match with this quiz.
5. Try hair extensions. Maybe you’re into the idea of trying out a new color, or experimenting with length and thickness, but just don’t have the time or willpower to commit to the salon schedule and upkeep. That’s okay! Clip-In hair extensions can do the trick without making a dent in your time, hair, or pocketbook. Here at Donna Bella, we offer both 100% Human and synthetic Clip-In hair extension options for your varied needs. You can order single strands for highlights or a pop of color, a full-head set for a new all-over look, and all manner of hair accessories to go with them. So test away!
What’s your tip for a fast and easy spring hair update? Let us know in the comments below!